Good question. Like all NFTs, commsaurs are 'minted' — which is just a cool way of referring to how your dino artwork becomes a part of the Ethereum blockchain, a public ledger that is unchangeable, tamper-proof, and meteor-proof.
In order to mint a commsaur on our website, you need two things:
ETH is the digital currency used to purchase commsaurs. Ethereum can be purchased with regular currency, or traded for crypto in a variety of centralized exchanges, such as Coinbase and Binance.
There are a ton of wallet options out there, but we'd recommend using Metamask. It's the most popular solution for storing Ethereum, and it's compatible with our website. You can download the Metamask mobile app on the iOS app store or Google Play store. If you'd prefer to use your desktop, there are Metamask extensions available for Firefox, Chrome, and Brave.
Once you have loaded up your Metamask wallet with ETH, you're ready to mint! Here's how:
1. Open up your Metamask browser and go to www.commsaur.com. For mobile users, the browser can be accessed from the main menu of your Metamask app. For desktop users, you just need to use whichever browser your Metamask is installed on.
2. You'll arrive at our minting page (welcome!). Metamask may ask you if you'd like to connect your wallet to the site: click yes, and confirm this. Near the top of the page, you should now see "Wallet Connected", followed by your wallet address.
If you see "Connect Wallet," instead of the Wallet Connect Message, it's likely you've taken a wrong turn somewhere. If you're a mobile user, make sure you're using the browser inside the Metamask app. If you're on desktop, make sure you have Metamask installed in your browser. Also, make sure you are connected to the Ethereum main network, and not a test network.
3. All set? The "Mint" button will show a message indicating the sale isn't active until it officially begins at 10 a.m. PST (5 p.m. UTC) on launch day. Once the sale has started, you'll be good to go — the button will trigger the minting process.
4. Enter the number of commsaurs you'd like to mint in the number box (yes, you can have a whole herd if you like!). Then hit the "Mint" button!
5. Confirm your transaction, and Metamask will estimate the gas fees for your purchase. Note that some of this may be refunded to you once the transaction is complete, but you must have that much in your wallet in order to confirm your order.
6. Your transaction should be confirmed on the network shortly. Once this has happened, you can view your commsaur by heading to https://opensea.io/account and signing in with the same wallet you used to purchase your NFT.
Note: Cost to mint 1 commsaur = 0.033ETH + gas Mints per transaction
Running into problems while trying to mint? DM us on Twitter or Discord — we're here to help you. Happy minting!